Wednesday 18 April 2012

I Visited 292 Of The 325 Friends I Had On Facebook – American Author Arlynn Leiber Presser Tells Nollywoodgossip

Arlynn Leiber Presser
Last year she made news by traveling around the world to visit all her Facebook friends.She tells Nollywoodgossip: “I have written twenty seven romance novels, three books of trivia, and three regional histories.”She says: “Last year, I visited 292 of the325 friends I had on facebook.”She says: “I traveled to nearly every state in the United States and I visited thirteen countries.”Nigeria was not part of my travels although now I have many friends from Nigeria and have to consider that trip.”“I have found my friends to be incredibly supportive and very often friends start thinking abouttheir own facebook friendships and what they mean to them.”“Some men have misunderstood the project and have thought I was husband hunting. I’m way too old for that.”“My family has been hugely supportive. My son Joseph even went with me on an eleven country, seventeen days trip around the world. I was very, very grateful.”
SHE SAYS....I am Arlynn Leiber Presser, a 51-year-old divorcee with two adult sons. I have written twenty seven romance novels, three books of trivia, and three regional histories. I am a very ordinary person but perhaps a bit reclusive and fearful of the world.In late December 2010, I was playing online scrabble with a facebook friend from England whom I had never met.  He was upset because his girlfriend had just broken up with him. He didn’t know how to handle it. We texted back and forth over the course of several days and I tried to reassure him that everything was going to be fine. Then I thought to myself. Why am I worried about someone I have never even met?  It got me thinking about facebook and friendship.Last year, I visited 292 of the 325 friends I had on facebook. I traveled to nearly every state in the United States and I visited thirteen countries. Alas, Nigeria was not part of my travels although now i have many friends from Nigeria and have to consider that tripI have found my friends to be incredibly supportive and very often friends start thinking about their own facebook friendships and what they mean to them.I had saved up an awful lot over the years but also I found that some facebook friends were willing to help out with, say, frequent flyer miles or a place to stay.Yes and that’s sort of weird. Some men have misunderstood the project and have thought I was husband hunting.  I’m way too old for that!I am focusing more on friends who are like me–reclusive–and have been visiting them.  People with social anxieties, post-traumatic stress disorder, fibromyalgia, people for whom facebook is often the only way to stay in touch with their friends.My family has been hugely supportive. My son Joseph even went with me on an eleven-country, seventeen days trip around the world. I was very, very grateful.It’s not that there’s any one memory. It’s that I have really come to love the friends I have seen and I have been so grateful for the time they’ve spent with me!WOOW IS SHE LOVELY HOW MANY OF UNA DON TRAVEL GO VISIT FACEBOOK FRIENDS..#JUSTSAYING#


No comments: