Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley stole the showlast night for the star-studded 2012 Art & Film Gala, which was presented by Gucci.

The 25-year-old English model/actress looked stunning in a coral green dress from the Gucci Spring 2013 collection. The dress is floor length, and features a ruffled neckline that travels down the back, wit open sides, and daring plunge cutouts.

Kanye West ‘wants bling ring for Kim Kardashian'

Kim Kanye
KANYE West is apparently planning to "blow Kim Kardashian away" with a huge engagement ring.bling.’ He says it will make her old engagement rings look like kids’ toys,” a pal revealed to British magazine Closer.
Kim, 32, was previously married to music producer Damon Thomas, but their relationship ended in divorce in 2004.
The reality star’s second marriage to basketball player Kris Humphries famously lasted just 72 days, with the divorce still ongoing.
“They were going to delay the engagement until Kim’s divorce was finalised, but neither of them want to wait anymore,” the friend continued.
Kris, 27, popped the question by presenting Kim with a lavish ring, thought to be worth around £600,000 (approx $930,000).
Friends are now saying 35-year-old Kanye isn’t afraid to spend an even larger sum when it comes to picking out a sparkler for Kim.
“Kanye can afford to really splash out and no one would be surprised if he spent over £1 million on the perfect ring,” the source shared.

Man, 32, remanded in prison for raping 9-year-old girl

Crimestopperslogo An Osogbo magistrates’ court, yesterday ordered that a 32-year-old man, Akinboye Adewole be remanded in prison custody for allegedly devouring a 9-year-old girl.
The accused allegedly committed the heinous act on October 14 at the Olorisaoko area of Ikire, Osun State, around 11.00a.m.
According to the charge sheet made available to newsmen, Adewole unlawfully had carnal knowledge of the girl, thereby committing an offence punishable under the laws of the state.
Police prosecutor, Mr Joshua Oladoye, said the offence was contrary to and punishable under Section 218 of the Criminal Code Cap 34, Vol 11, Laws of Osun State 2003 of Nigeria.
Adewole, however, pleaded not guilty to the one-count charge of rape.
Counsel for the accused, Mr Abimbola Ige, urged the court to grant his client bail in the most liberal way, just as he promised the court that his client would not jump bail if granted.
The magistrate, Olusola Aluko, in his verdict, ordered the accused to be remanded in Ile-Ife prison custody, while the case was adjourned till November 28, 2012 for mention at Ikire magistrates’ court.

Another celebrity couple debuting their super cool Halloween looks, were Cassie & Diddy.

Another celebrity couple debuting their super cool Halloween looks, were Cassie & Diddy. 

The two arrived at the Ciroc Halloween party, that took place at the Playboy Mansion Party in LA, yesterday evening.

Cassie was absolute perfection in her Cleopatra costume, accompanied by her beau, Puffy, who came as Prince. 

Kimye were quite the interesting pair at the 2nd Annual Midori Green Halloween Party

Last night celebrities attended the 2nd Annual Midori Green Halloween Party, in NYC. For the party, stars like Kimye, and Lala were in the building to show off their fabulous Halloween looks. 

Kimye were quite the interesting pair...Kanye came as a sailor, sporting pink hush puppies and high water khakis. While Kim went as a mermaid. She rocked a strapless seashell detail bustier with pearl necklaces, styled with a green chiffon type fitted fish tail skirt, and a blond, straggly wig. 

11-year-old boy loses 65% of his skin, placed on life support after taking ibuprofen

An 11-year-old boy suffered 65 per cent burns to his body after suffering a horrific allergic reaction to the painkiller ibuprofen.
Calvin Lock reacted so severely to the over-the-counter medicine that he was put on a life support machine for three days and rushed to a specialist burns hospital.
The youngster, from Littleport, Cambridgeshire, is now making a good recovery after his terrifying brush with death.
Calvin’s ordeal began on September 26 when he was given the painkiller to tackle a viral infection. The schoolboy woke up the next morning with a rash on his face and a slight swelling to his ear.
Doctors mistakenly thought he had chickenpox and gave him more antibiotics which, the following day, had caused the swelling and rashes to spread across his body.
His parents, Robyn Moult, 38, and Daryn Chambers, 47, were told by NHS Direct that he was having an allergic reaction and that he should be taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, urgently.
Doctors at the hospital also mistook his symptoms for chickenpox and sent him home with yet more antibiotics, which left him unable to walk, talk or see by the following morning.
Doctors initially thought Calvin had chickenpox and gave him antibiotics which, the following day, had caused the swelling and rashes to spread across his body.
Unable to breathe, Calvin was rushed back to Addenbrooke’s by his horrified parents.
There doctors eventually established that the stricken youngster had Stevens Johnson Syndrome – a potentially deadly skin disease that usually results from a drug reaction – and moved him into intensive care.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen are well-known to cause this rare but very serious reaction.
Calvin was immediately put on a drip as medics started to treat more than 200 blisters that had appeared on his body. But his condition continued to deteriorate and he was put on a life support machine and transferred to a specialist burns unit at Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford, Essex.
Calvin’s devastated family were told he was critically ill and that his chances of survival were slim. Experts at Broomfield removed 65 per cent of his skin and his hair and fingernails also fell out as his life hung by a thread.
After two days and two operations, the schoolboy was finally able to breathe by himself. A week later, his feeding tube was removed and he could eat by himself again.
By October 19, he was allowed home for the first time in almost a month.
Calvin is now learning to walk again and his hair and nails are starting to regrow.
His mother Robyn said: ‘It has been a very tough time but Calvin is a little battler and we’re just so proud of him.’
The mother-of-four added: ‘We are now hoping to raise some money and raise awareness of this terrible condition, which is not as rare as people believe.’
Calvin loves football, karate and fishing and his soccer club, Littleport under-12s, are also staging special events to raise cash to back him.
Source: UK Mail


[PHOTOS] Venus Williams arrives in Lagos [PHOTOS]

Venus Williams has arrived Lagos, Nigeria aboard Turkish Airline and was received at the Murtala Mohammed Airport, Ikeja, Lagos.
Her sister is expected to arrive aboard Arik Air at 9pm today too.
The sisters will be lodged at the Federal Palace Hotel, Lagos Island.
Tommorrow Wednesday, Serena and Venus are expected to pay a courtesy visit to Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola at the State House in Marina, with a media parley and a tennis clinic to hold at the Tennis Section of Ikoyi Club.
Then on Thursday, the tennis legends will pay a visit to the Government College, Osborne Road, Ikoyi and a red carpet Gala slated for the Federal Palace Hotel in the evening.
Another exhibition match at the Lagos Lawn Tennis Club, Onikan is scheduled for Friday before their departure that day.
Hope they enjoy Nigeria and we enjoy having them around too.

How woman was raped twice in one night by different men

A woman who was dragged into an alleyway and raped after a night out was subjected to a second horrifying ordeal by another man as she lay recovering from the attack.
Mustafa Yussuf was the first to prey on the woman as she walked through Manchester city centre on New year’s Eve, marching her into Church Street car park and raping her in a nearby lane.
After the assault the then 20-year-old fled the scene, leaving the woman helpless.
It was then that, instead of assisting her, another man pounced on the woman and raped her.
The distressing details of the double rape emerged as Yussuf, now 21, from Manchester, was jailed for seven years for the attack.
He claimed to have had a consensual encounter with the woman but denied rape.
But a jury at Manchester Crown Court trial rejected his account and found him guilty.
Judge Martin Steiger QC, sentencing, said he ‘hadn’t the slightest doubt’ that Yussuf was ‘perfectly aware’ the woman was too drunk to consent to any activity.
The court heard that the ‘mature’ woman had drunk to excess because of relationship problems, with CCTV showing she was unable to stand.
She was refused re-entry to the nightclub when she asked to be allowed in to search for her lost handbag.
In the aftermath of the double-rape attack she needed strangers’ help to get home and she was unable to remember what had happened to her for two hours.
Zoe Nield, defending, said: ‘This offence does appear to be an isolated incident – it was out of character for this defendant.’
The victim told court that her life had been shattered by the attack and had been isolated by a fear of going out.
Judge Steiger said: ‘At some point in the course of her ordeal she was raped by another individual.
‘There was never any charge laid against this defendant [Yussuf] for being party to that incident, which the complainant found in many ways the most traumatic feature of her ordeal.’
Another man was arrested for the second rape but released without charge.

Source: UK Mail

“There’s no issue of my husband sleeping with my daughter” – St Janet denies her marriage is over

A few weeks ago, it was reported that lewd singer St Janet, caught her husband with her 16-year-old daughter in bed and their marriage had ended. The stories also had it that the singer had moved out of the house and was now living in a hotel.
She has now come out to deny such reports, saying that although her marriage is not perfect, that nothing of the sort happened.
“When I read the story I was shocked,” she said. “I don’t know where it came from. Nothing of such happened to me or anybody I know. My marriage is not perfect but it’s intact. There’s no issue of my husband sleeping with my daughter.
St Janet also went on to deny that she had any female child, as carried in the stories.
“I don’t even have a 16 year old daughter. I have younger sisters who live with me, but nothing of such ever happened. I strongly believe my detractors are at work. I am strongly investigating where the story came from. It it targeted towards my career and they felt the best way they could go about it is to go about spreading false tales about my personal life.”

Bisi Ibidapo-Obe’s pregnancy saga: “She thinks she can make money off Dino Melaye” – Lola Alao

When Bisi Ibidapo-Obe, granted an interview to E24 Magazine, in which she claimed former House of Reps member, Dino Melaye, was responsible for her pregnancy, she claimed it was her fellow actress, Lola Alao, that introduced her to the Kogi-born lawmaker.
But in an interesting twist, Lola Alao, has told Encomium Magazine, that she doesn’t understand what Ibidapo-Obe is up to.
“Bisi should leave me out of her pregnancy mess. How can an adult like her not know who impregnated her? Is Bisi a small girl, that I Lola, will now carry and give Hon Dino to date? It is sad that she has dragged him into this mess. Is she the first actor or actress that Dino will help? Why is she making a deal out of meeting Dino?” she asked.
“Dino has been my friend for years and was even at my movie premiere several month back where he donated N10million. I wish to state categorically that I have never dated Dino, I am not dating him and can never date him because he’s like a brother from another mother.
“It is quite unfortunate that Bisi is scandalizing Dino this way. Everything smacks of blackmail to me. Maybe she thinks since Dino donated N10million at my launch, she can scandalize him and make some money off him. I leave her to her conscience.”

Jim Iyke set to hit the screens with his own reality TV show

Jim Iyke has concluded arrangements to begin his own reality show on cable TV. The controversial Nollywood actor and businessman, will have lights and cameras, trail his every move, for the show that will be called ‘Jim Iyke Unscripted’.
The deal was put in place by Jim’s management company, Greyology Inc, which is based in the UK and will show the actor, like you have never seen him before.
The show is scheduled to hit the screens in a matter of weeks, as production has already begun on the first episodes of the show. Jim Iyke Unscripted will be a joint production of Africa Magic and Oh Africa TV.