Friday 18 January 2013

True Confession: Still single at 43, am I under a spell?

sad-black-woman-33
I know some people would like to nail me after reading just the headline but I feel it is getting out of hand. I clocked 42 last July and to be candid I’m not into any serious relationship.
I’m from South-South Nigeria, the first daughter out of 7 children. I hope you wont feel offended as I would not further disclose my identity for obvious reason.
Just last year, our last born who works with a popular telecommunication company got married to her longtime boyfriend, leaving only me hugging ‘tubes and tyres.’
I’ve gone for prayers in several churches; they promised me that my husband would appear in no distant time.
In fact, the last prayer house I went in a popular church, the man of God told me that ‘if he be a man of God, before the year runs out, my dream man would appear.’
Another one told me I was the architect of my predicament, saying that I’ve missed the opportunity.
When I was in my mid 20s, I had many ‘toasters’ but they were never my dream men.
I used to think my kind of guy was the tall, dark and handsome one. Preferably banker, but now they are not forthcoming.
I was in a relationship with an ex footballer but I dumped him when I could no longer cope with his kind of person.
Now, I’m even ashamed of living in the same house with my parents at my age.
Please readers, tell me, am I under a spell or my husband is still somewhere?
If you would like to respond to this private problem, please post comments below. When leaving a message on this page, be sensitive to the fact that you are responding to a real person in the grip of real-life dilemma.

No comments: