Wednesday 27 March 2013

WALE APPLAUSE MEETS FUGE 5 AS HE UNVEILS ARTWORK TO HIS OWN AZONTO





Just about weeks ago, I had a conversation with this young man who is Nigerian/Canadian.  Doing very well in Canada, i decided to have the chit chat with him, now he has got my attention again with his new project, AZONTO. One would have thought that the Azonto fever was dying, but only to be again brought back alive by Fuge 5. This is impressive. Here is a good part of our very recent discussion.


Brother, you killed the Ghanaian Azonto, You a Canadian born Nigeria, what were U thinking doing the Azonto as you got no ties with Ghana.
 Lol..I actually lived in Ghana for a little bit, shout out to ma Ghana peeps, much love. I knew i wanted to make my own version of Azonto and kill it. I was in the U.K last summer for promotion and ran into the Azonto trend and fell in love. I was thinking get into the studio and kill this stuff.


We once had a conversation and we spoke about the Azonto, I never thought it would be this large even with the dying trend of the dance, please tell me more about this song
 
Yeah, i am happy that people like it. I always have a focus group that listens to my music and we come up with conclusions before release. It is definitely a well packaged and delivered song. I will say i am bringing sexy back, in this case Azonto. Although there are other elements to the song, but i had the azonto sound as my main focus. I had 2 producers work on this song.


What is your next project bro?
I have a lot of great music coming, and lots of projects like videos and a mixtape dropping soon. My next project following this is a new single called OKOSISI (Obiala). I will tell the audience to look out for this single, it is going to be massive and something Nigeria has not heard before. I think i am geared up and ready for Nigeria and Africa. Watch out, Fuge-5 is coming.


When do we expect you back home, I mean Nigeria?
I should be in Nigeria by mid summer or end of summer because i have some events booked up out here in Canada, and a tour as well. But haven said that, i cant wait to come out to Nigeria and tour, and also bless my fans with my music. That is what i love doing, and that is why i make great music.

What inspires your music?

To be honest, if I had one answer to this I will be lying. I get inspired by everything around me, and everything inside me. Last week I was in the studio with a producer that hit me up on-line  he played some instrumentals for me and I quickly recorded on two of them on the spot. This was an enclosed area, just a mic and a computer but what this guy could do with his little equipment inspired me to record on his beats.


Aside Music, what do you do ?
I am a business man, and work with an exporting company at the moment. I have my own music studio where artists record. I also do some acting on the side, and that is a career path i intend to pursue in the future. 

What are your views about the Nigeria music factory?
The Nigerian music industry is winning right now, and i am proud of everything they are doing. Fuge-5 is coming though. FinniDo!!!


Heard you'll be performing alongside Naeto C in a couple days, please tell us more about this event.
Yeah, I will call that a perfect situation and a perfect occasion because i release my Azonto track the same weekend. Performing alongside Naeto C is definitely a blessing, and I look forward to it. He is one of our generations pioneers and Afro beat ambassador who has been able to spread the sound across Africa, and i am trying to connect the same strategy out here. Definitely a good look to have him around. 


No comments: