Saturday 6 July 2013

Glo X Factor Judges At War

Gloxfactor

The battle for Globacom’s N24 million prize money for the winner of X Factor, the world’s biggest singing reality TV show, has assumed an interesting dimension with the judges of the show taking on each other at the Boot Camp.

As the remaining contestants at the camp battle to secure a place in the Top 9 stage of the contest, the judges are also seeking to out-do each other to ensure that the candidates they are mentoring do not only go far in the competition but also end up winning the ultimate prize.
The contestants are divided among the three judges – Onyeka Onwenu, MI and Reggie Rockstone, whose duty it is to mentor the singers assigned to them and help prepare them for the live performances and progress in the contest. The contestants are grouped into the “Under 23”, “Over 23” and “Group singers”.


Rockstone, father of hiplife music in Ghana, fired the first salvo. “This is war. I need the best army to go to this war,” he declared. “People say I am cocky, I’m over-confident or whatever. So I’m going to stay that way. But tell you something, I don’t know what category or who I am mentoring. But everything I touch, Midas, gold. I am winning this competition,” he boasted in his American accent.
“For me, this is do or die,” MI fired back. “It is MI’s time now. And that difference is going to show. I am not looking for great. I am not looking for average or okay, I am looking for someone with the ‘X’ and he is going to come from my camp,”
The Elegant Stallion is not to be outdone either. “I am ready. I do not take risks. I know about entertainment. Period. I can work with any of the groups but I think the real challenge for me will be to work with the ‘Under 23’ and that is what I will like to do”, Onyeka stated, promising to work hard to ensure that her group produces the winner of Glo X Factor.
Source: Ayo Onikoyi

No comments: