Tuesday 2 September 2014

Most Nigerian Music Fans Don’t Know What Good Music Sound Like (On PSquare 3 New Singles)

Displaying PsquareFtTI.jpg
Hello friends, it been a while. I am here again with my wahala (Opinion), regarding some dumbest comments on the 3 singles from PSquare online. 

Yesterday, dated Friday 29th, August 2014 mark a new dawn in the life of the Okoye brothers (PSquare), dropping three singles and a video. My reason for saying this is simple, because for anyone who understand the music business, you will know the brothers made greatest move in their career.

My colleagues here in the UK are surprise at how some dumb haters can be in Nigeria. It’s really heart broken. For me I am proud of you guys.

It’s a pity that many Nigerian fans knows nothing about what good music should sound like; reading through comments on PSquare triple released singles and video online, most especially on Notjustok, I felt so bad that at this age some Nigerian music fans can’t appreciate good music.

Evang. Ebenezer Obey had said it before “Nothing you can do to satisfy people”. Truth be said this is one of the greatest move ever from you; PSquare, take that from me. Reading through the comments; it’s clear those dropping bad comments, knows nothing about good and classic music. Track like ‘Eje AJo’ will rank much income in terms of publishing. ‘Bring It On’ can be a great material for music supervisors seeking good song for placement in new project. While the ‘Shekini’ song will soon become every party and club anthem.


One of the dumbest comment stated: (The lines "I got the Magic" is stolen from Robin Thicke, "Go low" from FloRida, and dance moves look like Michael Jackson, yal still looking like Usher.)  My question is, what’s your take on this, real music fans? Using the word "I got the Magic" doesn’t mean it was stolen from Robin Thicke, “Go Low” also from Florida. If it was Chris Brown, Neyo or Usher that did this, I am sure you will rate the song high. Let us wake up and support good music.

Our artistes keep singing about winning Grammies but none of them are making the right moves. Eje Ajo is one of the greatest sound from PSquare in their entire career. Fans of good music will appreciate their effort for this classic, if dummies ain’t.

What will you call the few lines from Tiwa Savage on “Girlie O” remix, Seyi Shay line on the song “Murda”with Patoranking & Shaydee …the list goes on. Using  lines from other artistes sog does mean it was stolen. Every artiste will be guilty of this as crime worldwide.

I read few comments on the ‘Shekini’ track too. Soon when the ‘Shekini’ song become parties and club anthem, I am sure those condemning it will surely find themselves grooving to the song.

Everyone is entitled to their Opinion. This is mine and I believe many fans of good music and music heads will agreed with me on this. The brothers already said it on the track 'Bring It On', listen to the lyrics. One thing is sure to win the global market you have to be global and the brothers had been international for a while but they want to go global. I applaud their move. 

I'm sure most of the people dropping the dumb comments are not their real fans and probably those who can't buy album or even singles but looking for friends who have songs to share with them. Let us change our attitude as music fans, it's not easy doing music, shooting video and spending money promoting. So haters please kindly change your ways.

My Opinion! Share yours...

I remain your darling… Gbemisola  Adesuwa Abayomi . Now on back on twitter via @musicbusinesspr

No comments: