Wednesday 29 August 2012

Police Parade Pastor Over Human Skull

The police in Ogun on Tuesday paraded Pastor Michael Oyewole (29) and Mathew Akiode (30) at the command’s headquarters Eleweran, for allegedly exhuming human skull in Sabo, Abeokuta.


The state Commissioner of Police, Ikemefuna Okoye, told journalists that Akiode was caught committing the offence in the midnight. Okoye added that after Akiode’s arrest, the suspect confessed that he was sent to get the skull by the pastor.
He said, “We got information about somebody who was digging a grave and we swung into action. He did not know he was being watched while removing the corpse. “We apprehended him immediately he severed the head from the body. He told us that it was one Pastor Oyewole that sent him.“
The police commissioner said Oyewole was subsequently arrested. Okoye said the two suspects would be charged to court after the conclusion of investigations. kiode, who confessed to committing the crime said he was pushed into it by economic hardship.
“I used to work on his (pastor’s) site but he said I would make more money if I could get him human skull. So, I felt it was an easy way of making money and that was why I did it. I’m surprised at his denial. He taught me how to go about it,” Akiode said.
But Oyewole denied sending the suspect on such a mission.
“I am a man of God and pastor. I heal people in God’s name and not with human skull. He is just telling lies and I don’t know what I have done to him. Only God can save me now,” Oyewole said.
Meanwhile, the FCT police command has recovered 17 exotic cars from two car-snatching syndicates in Abuja.
Parading 11 suspects for involvement in the car theft in Abuja on Tuesday, FCT Commissioner of Police, Adenrele Shinaba, listed Honda Accord, Nissan Sunny, Toyota Corolla, Infinity jeep, Toyota Prado jeep, Honda Pilot, Honda CRV Sport Utility Van and Toyota Camry among the snatched vehicles.
Shinaba advised car owners to be wary of car thieves and to be conscious of where they parked their vehicles.Fourteen cars were recovered from one Promise Okafor,who claimed to be a lawyer and car dealer. Paraded along Okafor were Michael Nweke, Chimezie Emanini, Amarachi Eneh and John Nuhu.
Okafor claimed he did not know the vehicles were stolen, insisting that he bought them from Emanini when he was convinced that they were genuine.
He said, “I am a lawyer and also a car dealer. I import cars and also sell.I bought a Honda Accord from Chimezie when he showed me documents which proved that the car was genuine.”
Okafor however failed to respond to questions on how he came about the other vehicles that were recovered from him.
Source : PunchNG

No comments: