Thursday 13 September 2012

“The Super Eagles needs experience, I don’t have issues with Keshi” – Taye Taiwo


Taye Taiwo, has insisted that there is no substitute for experience in football. The left back, who plies his trade in Ukraine for Dynamo Kiev, was reacting the Super Eagles’ 2-2 draw away to Liberia over the weekend.
Taiwo has not been called up for the last three matches of the national team, along with John Obi Mikel and Peter Odemwingie. Although Stephen Keshi, has said he has not ostracised any player from the team.
“It is the coach’s decision whom he wants to invite, but if you ask me I will say any team in the world will always need the services of its experienced players,” Taiwo told Brilla FM.
Taiwo, has denied that he had any problems with the national team coach, stating that he will always honour any invitation to play for his country.
“Many people have been asking if I have any problem with Keshi and the reply I always give is that I don’t have any problems with him.
“I don’t have any problem with anybody. If he invites me, I will come and play. I don’t want Nigerians to think I am having any issue with him or angry because he did not invite me. There is nothing like that.”
Speaking on the draw, Taiwo, said that it was a good result and he expects Nigeria to progress to the African Cup of Nations.
“It is not easy for the players to travel all the way to Liberia from Nigeria to get a point. I congratulate all the players that featured in that game – both the foreign-based professionals and the home-based guys.
“It’s not easy at all. What we have to do now is to prepare very well for the game that is coming up on our home ground and if we win 1-0 or 2-0, we will qualify for the next Nations Cup.”

No comments: