Wednesday 21 January 2015

I will act nude under the right circumstances – Chelsea Edogun

Please tell us about yourself
My name is Chelsea  Edogun. I’m from Edo State, Benin City to be precise. I’m the first child of a family of six girls. I studied Biochemistry in Delta State University.  After I 
I pursued my longtime passion which is acting and I don’t regret it. I’m proud to be an actress.
How did you get into the movie industry and what influenced you to join Nollywood?
Actually, there isn’t any special way I joined Nollywood neither did something or someone influenced me to join Nollywood. Being in the movie industry has always been my passion from childhood, so I just pursued my passion and here I am.
What turns you on?
Chelsea-EdogunHmm! I know what you are thinking but you are wrong, because right now the only thing that turns me on as an actress is a movie role that challenges me, a movie that’s out of the ordinary. A movie with a difference!
What part of your body do you cherish the most and why?
I cherish every part of my body because all are important to me as a woman. For example, I need my legs to be able to walk elegantly. I need my hands to be able to flaunt my hair stylishly, and so do other parts equally have their uses, but most important of all is my brain, because I’m always in need of it every second.
Aside acting, what else do you do?
Apart from acting, I’m also into the fashion business. I import and sell ladies and men’s wears such as: clothes, shoes, belts, bags, and others under “KlassyKrushKollection “ which is owned by me.
Do you have any plan to produce your own movie?
Yes, I do plan to produce my own movie in the future, but acting still remains my priority.\

In your own assessment, how has Nollywood fared so far?
Honestly, I think Nollywood has come a long way, so far so good, there has been a lot of improvements, but not withstanding we could also do better to bring out the best. In a short time from now I strongly believe there will be a “Nollywood with a Difference “
Can you act nude?
Acting nude is no longer something new in the movie industry. Yes, I will act nude under the right circumstances, which include a good script with a good crew to work with. Then acting nude is no big deal because as an actress I should be able to put myself into any character, as long as it’s professional.
Can you kiss another girl in a movie?
As an Actress, yes, I can. Maybe people might read the wrong meaning to it, but for me I believe it’s a sense of professionalism.
Tell us some of the movies you have featured in.
So far I have featured in over 20 movies since 2012. Some of which are out and some which are yet to be released. I featured in Tears of a Fighter, Sacrifice De BabyBody OdourBefore Christmas,After Christmas, Royal Goddess, Chemical Madness, Money 4 Hand, Desperate Students,Authentic Students, V.I Desperate Chicks, and many more.
Which is the best and why?
The best movie I’ve featured in is “Royal Goddess “ because the role I played in the movie is very different from the kind of roles I usually play in most of my movies. Naturally people see me as a glamour person and so I mostly play glamour roles but in this movie I played the role of a local village girl.
Which of them is most challenging and why?
My most challenging movie is also “Royal Goddess “ because it has a lot of adventures in it and there is absolutely nothing I love more than adventure.
Which actress have you had beef with on a movie location?
I have never really had a beef with any actress on a location because for me I don’t think I have time for such things. When I’m on a location my only focus is how to bring out the best in the role I’m   playing. So, obviously I am too busy to beef anyone.
What kind of man do you like?
The kind of man I like is a man who is honest at all times and who understands my career as an actress.
What do you have to say about the rising cases of lesbianism and gay lifestyle in Nollywood?
Well, I would say lesbianism and gay lifestyle is more of a societal issue in Nigeria, although this lifestyle has become so common in Nollywood, but nevertheless, I don’t judge people based on their private lives, because it is meant to be private. I respect everyone’s feelings and personalities equally. It doesn’t matter if a person is gay or a lesbian. It’s not in me to discriminate.Says “Lesbianism and homosexuality now common in Nollywood”
Culled from Vanguard..

No comments: