Tuesday 4 October 2011

Ufuoma's out! Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model's 'beautiful one trick pony' fails to impress with nude photoshoot

Eliminated: Ufuoma was the third girl to be evicted from the BINTM house last night
Ufuoma in the Mad Hatters photoshoot

Feisty Ufuoma Itoje became the latest girl to be evicted from the Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model competition after the judges were left unimpressed by her naked photoshoot. 
Saying she looked 'awkward', the panel unanimously decided she did not have what it takes to make it in the industry.
Despite judge and presenter Elle Macpherson saying Ufuoma's photograph was 'full of charm,' the 20-year-old was ultimately deemed to have the least potential.
She's a beautiful girl, and that's it,' said designer Julien Macdonald. 
Grace Woodward added that she was a 'one trick pony' and 'lacked versatility.'
'I like the fact you're smiling, but it’s slightly awkward. You’re a sexy girl but I don’ t think you’re a top model,' she said. 'You're sweet, but verging on the saccharine.'
Guest panellist George Lamb agreed with the decision, saying that if this was Ufuoma's best shot, then she 'wasn't cutting it.' 
For all their criticism, Elle had some good qualities to point out in Ufuoma. 'I think she looks really sweet and gorgeous,' she said. 'Ufuoma has a vulnerability, a naturalness.' 
But Elle's compliments were not enough to save Ufuoma and, after facing Stacey in the bottom two, whom Elle singled out as potentially 'too fragile' for the contest, Ufuoma was told to leave. 
Earlier in the show, Londoner Ufuoma had expressed excitement about the nude shoot, saying she 'loved being naked'. In the moment though, she said the wig she was given to wear put her off. 
'I was prepared for the nudity, but not for the wig,' she said. 'It kept moving around and I thought it might fall off.'
I just couldn't look natural wearing it - I felt like whatever I did, I looked terrible. I looked like a man.'
'I felt Elle looking at me and just thought, she agrees. After the shoot I said goodbye to everyone - I knew I'd done badly.'

Potential: Ufuoma at bootcamp before she was added to the house as Elle's 'lucky number 13'

No comments: