Friday 23 November 2012

Human right activist, Aborishade attacked by gunmen in Ibadan


Human rights activist, Comrade Femi Aborisade was attacked by alleged armed robbers at his official residence within the Polytechnic of Ibadan, Oyo State on thursday.
DailyPost gathered that the hefty men armed with various dangerous weapons including guns went away with his Ipad, laptop computer, laptop bag containing documents, cell phones, complimentary cards and cash, as well as his wife’s jewellery.
Confirming the incident, Aborishade said he was not sure whether the attack was political or not but assured that nothing can stop him from criticising bad governance in Nigeria.
He said, “Members of my family and I have just been attacked by armed robbers at my residence within The Polytechnic, Ibadan, between 12:40 and 1:00 a.m today.
“They left cuts on me in the process of their attacks on me and my wife. Though I do not know whether or not the attack has political undertone, I will continue to be critical of bad governance till I breathe my last,”
He however noted that the institution’s security unit had been notified, affirming that the incident would be reported to the state police.

No comments: