Monday 12 November 2012

MR. UNIVERSE NIGERIA 2012, ALLEN UKWURU - A RISING GLADITOR





Being on the international fashion scene at the age of 18 is really nothing new for a model. However, bringing a reinvented youthfulness and pure state of innocence would have to be given to Mr. Universe Nigeria 2012 winner and currently signed Isis Model, Allen Ukwuru.
Known to the world of fashion as one of those models with the perfect look, the flawless Allen, has become more than an icon both on and off the runway
Allen got started with his modeling career officially, after being crowned Mr Universe Nigeria. Being the epitome of cool, from name straight to look, Allen garnered attention quicker than expected and has risen to attaining a top spot among male models in the industry today.
He’s appeared in a variety of online magazine spreads, been on major red carpets as well as Host for top notch events and having walked for major fashion brands at the FTV Launch/Show in Lagos.
Allen who has also marked his place as Brand Ambassador/Face of major fashion brands including Nigeria’s finest and ‘Must-Watch’designer, YOMI CASUALS, Kholyns Couture and Tudors certainly, is steaming up the tracks and certainly isn’t planning on slowing down any time soon.
However, the stunning model certainly doesn’t have his eyes set on modelling alone, but on an acting career as well.
No doubt, a rising Gladiator in fashionDom, Allen Ukwuru has been engaged by one of the world’s biggest fashion brands; FTV and currently, talks are nearing conclusion to sign him as an ambassador for the brand.
Signed to South African/Nigerian international agency, ISIS MODELS, the talented beau-homme is off to a great start in his career.
Allen Ukwuru in a recent chat didn’t only proof to be full of humour/funny but also,uber-cool. ENJOY THE CHAT…
Allen, how old are you, and where are you from?
I’m 21 years old, and I’m from Benue State, North-Central part of Nigeria..
What was it like growing up?
Growing up was very good actually. I have a loving family and since my mother is a child-minder I grew up with a lot of children around me all the time.
How would you define your personal style?
My personal style is simple. I wear anything comfortable; I prefer not wearing clothes that are too fragile, since I feel that limits me in my daily life. If I would like to climb a tree for example. [Laughs]
On the contrary, what do you think about personal style in Lagos?
I always react to the fact that people very very styled and they’re aware of their looks. It’s a colourful experience. However I prefer when people stay natural and don’t become too focused on their appearance.
When did you get into modelling?
I started modelling 2 years and a half ago but officially this year, when I got signed onto ISIS MODELS..
Did you always want to become a model?
I never even thought about it, so I wasn’t interested. As the majority of male models I was just living my life, minding my business when suddenly I stumbled upon my modeling career.
If you could choose any model, male or female that you’d like to shoot with, who would it be?
I really honestly don’t care. I love meeting people, whatever background they have.
Is there anything you do in preparation for a big shoot?
I try to go to bed on time. This can be difficult. There’s really not much preparation you can do. I like to get familiar with the brand I’m shooting for though.
Do you think there are any advantages to your job?
Loads! Not only is it great and fruitful but I get to meet a lot of important and connected people. Make connections in any and every area of this and other industries. Establish endless resources and status which with a buy of skill and practice, I could make anything I want out of. The possibilities are endless.
What about the disadvantages, are there any?
It’s exhausting at times. Transport can be a bitch.
Having done so many campaigns and editorials, do you have a favourite photographer?
I appreciate all the photographers that have a positive energy and Oluremi Samson really has a friendly aura and I respect him a lot for all his nice work!
Let’s talk a bit about your Acting ambition. Are you looking forward to strongly pursing in the future?
Well, I’m working simultaneously with my acting as a freelancer. Though at the moment, it’s not on the top agenda due to various modeling commitments
What would you be doing had you not been discovered?
I’d be a rich and successful business man with a pet monkey, big cars and a rollercoaster in my garden. Nah… I’d probably be mid-internship post University and struggling to get a job I like.
Apart from modelling, which probably keeps you busy most of the time, what else do you enjoy?
Sleeping, eating, watching TV, hanging’,laughing, dancing, playing Hacky Sack, traveling, seeing places, meeting people, and also working on some side projects.
What generally inspires you Anthon?
Love and all relations with people.
What is, or has been your biggest personal goal?
In life or modeling.
Both!
Well in modeling, to win. Become one of the best in each area. On the other hand, in life I’d love to do everything at least once. Well, at least everything fun .
What is one thing you’d love to do before you die?
Train monkeys to ride dogs and have races. To do a back-flip and fire someone Oh and to build a never ending water slide!
I’m sure you get the reason why I said that this was indeed one fun interview. Anyway, we all look forward to more amazing work from Allen and I hope you enjoy his photo-strip below. Don’t forget to follow him on Facebook: Mr. Universe Nigeria 2012



No comments: