Monday 26 November 2012

Woman denied sex for 10 years, sues husband


sharia  court dp
‘Faces’ present at the Kaduna Sharia Court 2,Magajin Gari were shocked to their bones when a housewife, Saratu Haruna from Kawo, Kaduna North Local Government Area explained how her husband, Isa Mainika allegedly denied her of sex for 10years.
Saratu who dragged her husband to the Sharia court said she does not believe the marriage exist any longer, since there has not been sexual intimacy between her and her husband.
She said, “We have been staying for 10 years now, but nothing is happening between us in terms of marital affairs, I don’t love him again.”
Her husband,Mainika on the other hand denied the allegation, accusing Saratu of starving him sexually.
He said, “ Anytime I request for sex, she always denies me. There was a time we had a serious fight over this issue and she bit me.”
Mainika, further noted that he noticed the changes in his wife since she gave birth to their last baby.
He said, “Since then I do not know what I have done to her and I have asked her severally, but she refused to say anything.
“I even invited our elders to settle the matter but the effort yielded no positive result.
“I am still in love with her. I do not want to divorce her because I am really worried about the future of our children.”
The presiding Khadi, Mallam Ibrahim Inuwa, urged the couple to go back home and settle the matter amicably emphasizing that the court will thereafter decide on the case if not settled by the family.

No comments: