Tuesday 5 March 2013

Exclusive: African Sweetheart Speaks To Talented TV Presenter Adora Oleh


Adora Oleh was born and raised in Surrey in England. She was hosted a two-hour live interactive show called, 'The Magazine Show' in England, and that was a lot of fun for her. At the same time she was working as an international film marketing promotional manager with Paramount and Universal Film studios in London.

 
 She was responsible for the international marketing strategies and film distribution across Europe for a variety of Hollywood blockbuster movies. Adora who holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Media Law and Journalism came to Nigeria and got wind of the MTN Project Fame West Africa last year. She was auditioned and found worthy to co-host the show with Benjamin. She also holds a postgraduate Diploma in Public Relations from the London School of Journalism.

Adora with her Project Fame west Africa co-presenter Benjamin.
What made you decide on your chosen career path?
To be honest I think it chose me ; I’ve been involved in Television and TV production since I was at university  and it has always been something that I knew I’d pursue.


Have you always wanted to be in that industry?
I have always wanted to work in television, for as long as I can remember, it really is a passion of mine; I feel blessed to be able to do what I love. I’m currently hosting (Project Fame west Africa) and  I’m always so excited to meet the new contestants coming from Liberia, Sierra Leone; Ghana and of course Nigeria. It’s like one big West African family reunion. 




What is your advise to African Sweetheart readers who would like to one day enter this industry?
I think to be a good television presenter you need to be passionate about the industry, enjoy television and be a genuine people-person. It’s important to allow your audience to get a glimpse of who you are and your own unique style whilst simultaneously letting your passion and enthusiasm for the job shine through as well. Try and set out targets and goals for where you would like to see yourself over a certain time frame and most importantly….never quit!  

Adora recently made her debut on America's TV FOX News as an entertainment correspondent.

The television beauty was accompanied by the cast and crew of FOX and friends first as she shared “what’s hot” and “what’s not” in the world of entertainment.

When asked about her experience, Adora said, “it was an amazing experience and a great opportunity for me, everyone was so friendly and made me feel at home.”

She added, “I got to meet a lot of inspirational people and this is definitely one of the highlights of my American trip. I really enjoyed it.”

  • Adora has previously worked for  Channel 4 UK, MTV UK, Paramount pictures, Universal Studios, Dream works to name a few.
  • She has hosted  The Magazine Show - BEN TV UK, This Day Arise Music and Fashion festival- UK, Nigeria Music Awards-U.K, Miss Nigeria -U.K, Mnet Face of Africa. She is currently co-hosting Project Fame West Africa.
  • Some of the names she has interviewed are Samuel L. Jackson, Quentin Tarantino, 50 Cents, John Legend, Jay Sean, Will Smith, Tom Cruise, Governor Rotimi Amaechi, D'Banj, 2face, P. Square and Neyo to name a few.
We were really glad that Adora was able to catch up with us as she is currently busy filming episodes of Project West Africa in Nigeria. 
She is indeed a beautiful, intelligent and classy young lady. 
African Sweetheart wishes you all the best in future!

Sources: Adora Oleh,allafrica.com, nigeriafilms.com

No comments: